Steve Lovell's Resume
STEPHEN M. LOVELL
VICE PRESIDENT OF REIMBURSEMENT, THE LANCASTER GROUP, LLC
Steve is the Vice President of Reimbursement of The Lancaster Group, LLC.
His extensive and in-depth knowledge is concentrated in third-party reimbursement, performance improvement, and business office operations. Steve's experience spans over 21 years in the senior housing and long term care industry.
Steve has extensive experience in the Medicare and various state Medicaid (Pennsylvania, Louisiana, New York, Connecticut, and Virginia) skilled nursing reimbursement systems, including cost reporting and reimbursement enhancement. His relevant experience includes:
- Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report preparation for freestanding, hospital-based and continuing care retirement community-affiliated providers.
- Communicating with Medicare and Medicaid representatives on issues relating to enrollment, cost report and claim audits, regulatory changes, and payments status.
- Assisting with computer systems conversion and reimbursement planning.
- Assisting providers in their due diligence analysis of acquisition opportunities.
- Obtaining Extended Repayment Plans from third party payors to enhance client cash flows.
- Executing financial modeling of various long term care strategic planning scenarios.
- Long term care client performance benchmarking to peers and providing recommendations for operational improvement.
- Performing business office reviews to identify business process recommendations for operational improvement.
- Streamlining spreadsheets used for budgeting, regulatory filings, and financial reporting.
- Updating clients' chart of accounts to improve financial reporting for internal and external users and to enhance third party reimbursement.
- Analyzing client financial and statistical data to support adherence to Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Creating financial analysis to assist vendors contract with skilled nursing facilities.
- Developing and updating componentized Medicaid rate analysis model to analyze skilled nursing facility Medicaid historical and forecasted profitability. Steve has developed rate analyses models for various Medicaid systems.
- Ongoing national survey of state Medicaid payment systems and related issues.
- Participated on committee to devise methodology to distribute $71.6 million under the Deficit Reduction Act Katrina Healthcare Related Provider Stabilization Grant.
Steve services both freestanding and multi-site not-for-profit and for-profit senior housing and long term care providers. Not-for-profit clients include faith-based senior housing and long term care systems. For-profit clients include freestanding and multi-site providers, both privately owned and publicly traded.
Prior to joining The Lancaster Group, LLC, Steve spent eleven years as a Reimbursement Analyst with the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services, four years as a Medicaid auditor of cost reports with Clifton Gunderson, LLC, two years as an Accounting Manager with a nursing home chain, and four years with a Big 4 public accounting firm. His progressive experience fulfills a comprehensive background in senior housing and long term care strategic planning, third party reimbursement and operations.
Steve holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the Virginia Commonwealth University. Steve also volunteers for the United Way.
Return to previous page